Hey hey friends!
This week I wanted to share with you all a quick and fairly simple Mother’s Day craft I made. Mother’s Day is coming up! Only a day less than 4 weeks!
- Glue stick (liquid glue would work, too)
- Ruler (not pictured)
- Black or other colored marker
- Green, blue, red, yellow (or white), and a color of your choice (I used pink) construction paper.
The supplies (minus a ruler)
How to make it:
- Fold the color of your choice construction paper in half. I wrote Happy Mother’s Day on the cover, but you can write whatever you want!
My card cover
2.From your red construction paper, cut a strip that’s approximately 3/4 of an inch wide and 7 1/4 inches long.
3. Cut a heart from the red construction paper that is wide enough for the strip of paper to slide through it. Then, snip a hole in the heart for the strip of paper to go through.
My heart with a snip in the middle
4. From the blue construction paper, cut a circle with a diameter of around 2 1/2 inches.
5. From the green construction paper, cut a few small pieces that look like continents. Glue these little pieces to the blue circle. This is your “earth”.
My little Earth
6. Cut a crescent-shaped moon around the same size of the little earth from the yellow (or white) construction paper.
7. From any colored construction paper, cut two strips of paper 3 1/2 inches long and 3/4 of an inch wide. Fold these into a small square, reversing directions each fold (like you’re making a fan). Glue the little earth to one, and the moon to another. Then, glue these to the inside of the card, but on opposite sides.
8. Glue one side of the red strip under the little earth. Then, slide the heart with a slit in it onto the red strip. Once the heart is attached, glue the opposite side of the band to the moon.
9. On the inside of my card, I wrote, “Mom, I love you to the moon and back”. You can write this, another personal message, or just leave the inside blank.
Your card is complete! Have a great Mother’s Day celebrating your mother and all the other mothers you know!
I hope you like this cute little card for Mother’s Day! It is pretty simple, quick, and quite adorable!